Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The New Girls are Here






Sunday morning I packed up the truck and got Lillian, my four month old baby girl, ready to go. We had a very long trip in front of us. We were going to Missouri to pick up four 2ND generation Mini Nubian does from a wonderful breeder. My husband, who doesn't care much for all the animals, thought I was crazy. He kept asking me if I thought it was worth it. I know it was very worth it.

I only stopped for fuel and to feed Lillian. This was my first time driving this long and out of state. It was draining, but we made it there and home safely. I can not say enough how glad I am to be home. I don't think I will drive that far ever again in one day.

All four of the does are wonderful. I had to unload them in the rain. It was just starting to storm. I waited after the storm to milk the older ones. They both were excellent milkers. Even the yearlings were getting on the milking stand after I was done milking.

Monday I put the girls out with my other four girls. They are all doing great together. I could not be happier with all of my goats. It was well worth the trip.

1 comment:

  1. I just sent you an e-mail about your new does and just thought to check here for pics! Woohooo! Very good looking goats! I'm so sorry the trip was draining. The older I get, the more I hate long driving trips. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete