Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It is raining. It is pouring.

I am so grateful to finally see the sun shining. It has been raining here nonstop. We haven't even got to cut our hay yet. It is hard to work on anything outside because everything is turning in to mud. The animals are as happy as I am to see the sun this evening.

I wanted to give an update on Patriot. He had his last round of medicine last night. He is still holding his head to the side, but not doing circles as much. He is happier today than he was yesterday, because he has a new friend. I went to a friend's house and picked up a 1st generation Mini Nubian buck, Domino. Domino is my 1st generation doe's buckling from this year. I am looking forward to breeding Domino to my Nubian does for kids next Spring.

I also have good news to past on. I am going Sunday to Missouri to pick up three 2ND generation Mini Nubian does. Two of them are in milk. I am looking to having more milk to make cheese with. A few of these does will be bred to Patriot. One doe has blue eyes, but her ears need some work. She is going to be bred to Domino. Well, that is the plan right now.

Well I have to go back to starting dinner. I have one very hungry boy. He thinks he is starving. A mother's job is never done.

No comments:

Post a Comment