Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I am grateful for the life I have.

As I wake up each morning to go out and feed all the animals before the children wake up, I have at times stopped and thought is it all worth it. All I can say is YES. The animals are more than just pets. They are a huge part of my life. They provide me more than I could ever provide them. They provide a healthier lifestyle for my family. They also teach my children responsibly and respect for other living things.

I have always said that animals are what made me the way I am. As a child, my mother got us animals instead of toys. I can tell you all about the animals I had. I can tell you all about the great times I had riding my beloved horse Candy. She was a great horse but most of all she was one of my best friends. I want my children you have the same friendships with their animals as I did. Because of them, I became a responible adult.

So on days when I am feeling like I just want to give up and move to the city where I have less responiblies, I stop and think about what my children will be loosing. They will loose the chance to have a childhood playing outside with as many animals they want. They would never learn how it is to love something beside anothe human being.

I love my life and would never give it up. I am grateful for a husband that working so hard for me to be able to stay home with our children. So, I can give them a childhood that they can look back on a be grateful for.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I just sent you an e-mail about beehives and saw you had a blog. I agree with you. Some days can be super tough living this life with all the animals and responsibilities and trying to keep a house and teach children and be a good wife to boot. But it is a wonderful life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, yes it is a wonderful life. Sounds like you have a beautiful life, too. I have enjoyed our emails back and forth.

    ReplyDelete